Change is inevitable. It is a wonderful thing when we accept it. Change is not always an easy transition but it can bring out the best in people. When we look at change as an opportunity to learn, we can find the best in ourselves.
Learning a new language or skill is difficult. Recently, I have been trying to learn how to expand my computer literacy. There is so much to learn.
Everyone wants to upgrade an aspect of their lives. Here are some key elements that will help you to make the journey a little bit easier.
1) Surrender. Understand that learning anything new is a process and it takes time to do well regardless of the task.
2) Create mini goals. What would you specifically like to accomplish just today? Yes, you would like to be an expert at your new skill, but expertise is a time driven relationship. Today, simply focus on the mini task and watch as the skills become cumulative.
3) Immerse yourself in the process. Become a little bit obsessive compulsive but don't get too carried away. A healthy dose of compulsion can assist you to acquire the knowledge you need to succeed. If it becomes too much, step back and evaluate your reasons for learning the task in the first place and be sure to be accountable for the choices in your endeavors.
4) Prepare to change course. Sometimes you find that what you are learning leads you into a new direction. Be open to the changes and the growth opportunity!
5) Have faith. We become what we most focus on and when our energy is focused, the results we want to achieve are within grasp. Faith in your ability is the most important thing. You can learn this task or language. You can.
6) Ask for help. People are always willing to give you a hand if you ask them. Think about the people in your life and reach out to them for assistance. When someone knows that you want to learn and that you are open to help they are willing to provide their expertise and input. Be gracious and allow them to help you see things another way.
7) Take risks. You can't know if you don't try. Jump into a task with both feet. Don't look back and second guess yourself. Keep your goals forward. You will never succeed unless you put yourself on the line and try. Worst case scenario is not trying at all! The old saying "nothing ventured, nothing gained" holds true! It is better to give yourself a chance to see what you can do, than to give up before you have given any time to the plan.
8) Smile. Wow you are amazing. If you are searching to be a better person by learning a new language, task, or trying something for the first time, you are stronger than most of the people on the planet. Many people won't try to do anything new. Allow yourself the wonder of the adventure. Your smile will make even the toughest task effortless.
9) Share. Teach what you know to someone and you will be amazed at the influence that you create in others. Everyone has a story, a talent and an ability that is valuable to another. It is a great honor to share experiences with others and you never know who you will influence.
10) Try, try again. Be persistent! Keep trying even when you think that you can't go any further, try again. You will be surprised when you give things another try! Give it a go!
Change creates the opportunity for self reflection and routes us into new ways of seeing the world.
Need a hand with learning something new? I invite you to give me a call or drop me a line. I am happy to help. www.rightchoiceed.com
Right Choice Educational Programs